# TBM-15D Digital Frisker / Survey meter
- LIGHT WEIGHT
- ONE HAND OPERATION (ERGONOMIC PROBE HOLDER)
- NO RANGE SWITCHING
- DETACHABLE PANCAKE PROBE
- BUILT-IN SONALERT
- ANTI-SATURATION CIRCUIT
DESCRIPTION: Small Digital Ratemeter with separable 2'' diameter
pancake probe. Reads out in mR/hr (Optional ĩ Sv/h or cpm, cps. Thin
probe window is recessed and protected by sturdy stainless steel grill.
Instrument will see alpha, beta and gamma radiation. Anti-saturation circuit
will not fall below full scale in high fields. Tested to 100 R/hr. Sonalert
gives audible rate indication.
APPLICATION: Its small size, light weight, separable probe and large
detector area make this a very useful monitor for surveying bench tops or
checking hands, clothes and fingertips for almost any radioactive contamination.
See ``Beta Pancake Response'' specification (BETA PANCAKE RESPONSE)
- Read-out: Rugged 6 digit display.
- Ranges: 0.01 to 200 mR/hr, no range switching. (0-500,000 cpm)
- Linearity: +/- 15% of full scale with pulse generator.
- Battery Test: Push button.
- Audio: Sonalert.
- Two Time Constants: Fast & Slow (each is user programmable) 0 to
90% of final reading.
- Setable: 2 sec to 99 seconds.
T-1190 2'' diameter (5cm) ``pancake GM'' tube. Plateaus: 150V <10% / 100V
Window Diameter: 1 3/4''; 4.5 cm. Area 16 cmē
Window Thickness: 1.5 mg/cm2.
Quench Gas: Halogen for long life. Deadtime: 70 ĩ sec Max
Background: Typical 50 cpm. Thin profile of tube (13mm) gives low
Efficiency: 100% for all betas and alphas that have sufficient energy to
penetrate the thin window.
- Physical Dimensions: 3''; 7.6 cm wide x 5 1/4'' W; 13.3 cm long x 2
1/4''; 6 cm thick (excluding probe, meter, and handle).
- Temperature: -10°c to +50°c when high quality batteries are used.
- Calibration: Single master calibration pot as well as programable
- Efficency: Beta C-14 > 6%, Sr-90/Y-90> 25%.
- Speaker: Built-in Audible Click for detector pulse, on-off Volume
switch on panel.
- Pulse-count: Green LED.
- Alarm: Settable over entire instrument range.
- Warning: Red LED.
- Optional Serial Port: Allows real time data logging to portable PC.
- Power: 6 ``AA'' cells.
Electronics only: 22 oz.; 625 gm.
Total: including separable pancake probe 34oz.; 0.97 kg.
- Battery Life: 100 hours in normal operation (Greater with Li or
Open 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time