TBM IC Mark V
for Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and X-ray
The flat response TBM-IC-MV is a fast, sensitive ion chamber survey meter which detects alpha, beta, gamma, and x-ray radiation. This ion chamber survey meter is smaller and lighter than previous models. The system is based on stable, and essentially drift-free electrometer technology. The survey meter consists of a 2.5 inch diameter x 3.5 inch length air ion chamber coupled to a stable solid state Mosfet
input electrometer. The internal A to D converter displays directly
in mR/h or mR. Rate range is 0.1 mR/h to 9.999 R/h in a single range.
Dose range is 0.01mR - 99.9R in a single range. 180 mg/cm2
graphite lined methacrylate walls yield accurate air equivalence. The thin
(0.5 mg/cm2) Mylar window allows high sensitivity readings
for alpha and for low energy beta such as C14. The ion chamber is sensitive to higher energy betas, gammas and X-rays as well.
- Digital Display: eight digit-rate, eight digit integration
- Dose Rate and Total Dose
- Compact, light weight design, only 26 oz.
- Flat Response, Air Ion Chamber (see energy response curve below)
- Detects axially below 5 KEV gamma or x-ray
- Detects Alpha, Beta, Gamma and X-ray
- Fast Response
- Wide Range: 0.1 mR/hr to 9.999 R/hr
- Detector: Free Air ion chamber 2.5' inch diameter x 3.5 inch length. Internal
volume 260 cc
- Wall and Cap: Methacrylate, graphite lined 180 mg/cm2
walls and 540 mg/cm2 cap. Optional 1g/cm2 walls.
- Window: 2.0'' dia. x 0.5 mg/cm2 Mylar.
- Readout: LCD 8 digits.
- Indicator Lamp: Green LED 10 pulses/sec per mR/h
Red Over-range Indicator
Rate 8 digit 0.1 mR/h to 9.999 R/h in a single range.
Integrate 8 digits 0.01 mR to 99.9R in a single range.
- Electrometer: Solid State Mosfet input.
- Electronics: A-D converter LCD drivers.
10 ea. (Button) NEDA CR-1220 - shelf life 7 years.
6 ea. (AA) NEDA 15A - 1000hr.
- Dimensions: 5-1/2'' x 3-1/2'' x 8'' including handle.
- Weight: 26 oz. complete with batteries.
- Options: Readout in Si units: Sv and Sv/h.
- X-Ray-SLV is optional X-Ray compliance sleeve with 10cm2
Open 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time